As I look back on 2016 I’ve realized I had a chance to apply almost all the brand innovation tools I’ve developed over the years. I was able to apply them in a variety of market, client, and brand lifecycle situations.
- A2U – I conducted more interviews, dyads, and focus groups than in the past several years. The findings from these awareness,, attitude and usage interviews were used to develop key findings, implications, and actions for a number of clients.
- StrategicGPS – the mapping of where we are to where we want to be proved valuable for many brand team and commercialization team workshops.
- N-of-8 story development – conducted with rare disease patients plus a group of technology executives.
- C.H.E.M. – conducted for sales messaging for a specialty biologic product, and for market access executives working to gain more favorable contracting status.
- Group Revolutions — facilitated with patients and specialties in two US cities plus one in Europe.
- ForwardFast — being developed for clinical trial identity initiatives. And I’m completing a second edition of my book on the tool.
By using these tools together, I’ve been able to take a longer term view of competitive insights, qualitative and quantitative survey, advisory boards, claims development, as well as promotional and media planning. With this experience in 2016, I’m looking forward to the possibilities that the new year might hold.